5 Reasons to Attend Albuquerque’s 306th Birthday Founders Day Fiesta
Today, we had the pleasure of speaking with Isabelle Zamora about the upcoming Albuquerque 306th Founders Day Fiesta, the official 306th birthday celebration for Albuquerque! If you’re in town this weekend, this event is a must-attend. When you’re a local or an out-of-towner, Isabelle mentioned 5 great reasons to attend:
- Lots of great music performed by solo artists, duos, groups, and the headliner, Cadillac Bob and the Rhinestones, one of Albuquerque’s most popular bands
- The opportunity to learn more about New Mexico’s history and some of those who helped create it from dramatic Chautauqua performances scheduled throughout the afternoon
- Native Americans performing traditional drumming and dances that date far back in history — an opportunity to get in touch with another culture
- Meeting the surviving Navajo Code Talkers who played a major role in World War II — their stories are legend
- A great place for the kids — lots of interactive, fun entertainers like Clan Tynker, Hula Hoopers and more!
- (bonus reason) And, of course, everyone loves a birthday party!
Where: Old Towne Plaza
When: April 21st, 2012 (12pm – 5:30pm)
Get all the event details here on the official city website. Hope to see you there!