7 Things We Love About Albuquerque
Albuquerque is a great place to live and to visit. Here are a few of our favorite things about the city.
1. It’s a little bit of everything. While Albuquerque is a big city, at the same time it has that small town feel. There are great things like the KiMo Theatre, but no long lines of traffic to deal with. Beautiful museums and things to do, but without the suffocating crowds.
2. The sunshine! Who wouldn’t love living in a place where there is such an abundance of sun. 310 days of sun. How can you go wrong with that?
3. The Balloon Fiesta. When hundreds of colorful and fun-shaped hot air balloons float off into the air, it’s a magical moment that people all around the world come to see. It’s thrilling every time it happens, and we get to do it every single year.
4. So much culture! The amazing mix of peoples – especially Hispanic and Native American – is something we celebrate all the time. You’ll always find museums showcasing cultural art and ways of life, and multiple shops dedicated to providing locals and visitors alike handmade crafts from native designs. It’s like enjoying a little piece of history.
5. So many mountains! People tend to assume that because Albuquerque is in New Mexico, there’s a lot of flat desert land around. However, they tend to forget that the Rocky Mountain chain rolls right on through the state. Albuquerque gets to enjoy a lot of mountainous activities as well as gorgeous vistas, not to mention the Rio Grande River flows right through the city!
6. With such great mountains and a large river nearby, this is the city of staying fit and being outdoors. Go for hikes (bring plenty of water!), biking, skiing, river rafting, and more. There’s so much to do, why would you lounge around all day watching TV?
7. Places to visit. From museums to Historic Old Town, there are all kinds of great sites to check out – whether you’re a local or just visiting. There are trolley rides, hot air balloon rides, children’s science museums, a zoo, aquarium, parks, and so much more. It’s impossible to be bored here!